Warning: Use of undefined constant HEADER_IMAGE_WIDTH - assumed 'HEADER_IMAGE_WIDTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /nfs/c12/h08/mnt/222786/domains/opendoorshelter.org/html/wp-content/themes/open-door/template_volunteer.php on line 38
As a non-profit organization, Open Doors is thankful to have the help of fantastic volunteers throughout the year. Whether you’d like to help cook and serve a meal, share your knowledge as part of a continuing education program, serve on a committee, hold a donation drive or fundraising event, or help in other ways, we welcome you to the Open Doors family!
There are many different ways to help support Open Doors. Many organizations or individuals give their time and talents throughout the year to make a difference for people in need. Below are some examples of how the community and individuals have helped Open Doors out in different ways. A few examples are:
- Local elementary schools have staged concerts at City Hall & donated the proceeds to Open Doors.
- Churches assemble housewarming baskets for clients moving into their own homes.
- Supporters arranged for children staying at Open Doors to attend summer camps and summer enrichment programs.
- A building contractor and a friend donated their time and expertise to create two offices out of one.
- One company adopts dozens of families and purchases and wraps Christmas presents at their annual company holiday party.
- Painting the interior or exterior of our building.
- Planting flowers in our playground.
- Joining us for a neighborhood cleanup.
- Decorating the shelter for a holiday.
- Holding a donation drive at your workplace, school or other community spot.
- Hosting parties on site or off (i.e.: 4th of July, Halloween)
- Representing Open Doors at community events and helping people learn more about us
- One boy donated his birthday gifts to the children here at our shelter.
- Children’s groups have made “goody bags” for one of our children’s parties here at the shelter.
- Families have grown vegetables in their gardens to donate to our kitchen and pantry.